Community Action Pioneer Valley assists people who have low incomes to achieve economic stability and security, and works to build communities in which all people have the opportunity to thrive.
• We see people as the experts on their own lives, as individuals and families who have strengths and dreams, and who also experience barriers to their success.
• We honor everyone’s right to live with dignity and to be treated with respect and appreciation for diversity.
• We partner with individuals and families to develop the resources, skills, social connection, and resilience to be economically secure and successful according to their own values and hopes.
• We partner with families and communities to grow raise strong and healthy children and youth.
• We value workplace practices based on mutual respect, inclusion, transparency, and leadership development for all staff.
• We believe that engaging people with low incomes in decision-making and the overall direction of the agency is essential to our integrity and success.
• We are committed to participating in community development that assures that all people are housed, well-fed, warm, safe, and stable.
• We value building collaborative partnerships to find community-based solutions to meet community needs.
Our vision is a community that celebrates our shared humanity as well as our diversity. We strive to build a community that invests in access for everyone to healthy food; safe, affordable housing; living wage work; high quality, affordable education from birth; and full participation in the democratic process. In service to that vision, Community Action Pioneer Valley relies on the leadership of people who have low incomes to define how we approach our work. We advocate for policies and resources that protect the vulnerable and disenfranchised, and open opportunity to all. Working with many partners, we create a community where children and youth are nurtured and protected and everyone achieves their potential and prospers in the fullness of life.